Hi guys, i’m following up on the excellent BlackBerry Protect App (BETA) with some screenshots of the App in action. I have to say it works very well and has been making daily backups of my information. Yes, it a Beta version (meaning it is still being tested) but I hope you guys have been giving this essential app a try.
Here are the main features:
- Locate it on a map
- Set a password and lock it to protect your information
- Wipe all the contents
- Make your BlackBerry ring loudly to help find it
- Display a message on the homescreen instructing whoever finds it on how to return it
Wireless Backup and Restore
- Wirelessly back up contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, browser bookmarks, and text messages
- Automatically back up daily, weekly, or monthly
- Wirelessly restore your backed up data when switching to a new BlackBerry
Save on data usage by:
- Only backing up information that has changed from the previous backup (incremental backups)
- Only backing up over WiFi
- Preventing backup while roaming
Be aware though that BlackBerry Protect isn’t designed to recover a stolen device as much as it it designed to simply protect your personal information from the wrong hands. It certainly gives you some help in recovering lost BlackBerry devices, but if the person who “finds” it intends to “keep” it, they’ll probably succeed. At least though your Facebook, email, blackberry, App World, MSN, etc accounts you’ve been using on your BlackBerry are gonna be safe.
Download the BlackBerry Protect (Beta) from App World Here.
TriniBerry @ Facebook
Tag Cloud4G 8520 9300 9360 9810 9860 9900 Android apple Apps App World bb10 BBM BlackBerry blackberry 10 bmobile Bold canto caribbean cinema Curve Curve 9360 devices digicel galaxy hspa+ iOS iphone iphone 4 launch Messenger mobile nokia os7 PlayBook price prices samsung smartphones specifications tobago triniberry trinidad WiFi z10